Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oh when the Saints....go marchin in

Many have requested a posting of the original collect that I wrote and prayed in church last week when the New Orleans Saints were playing in the NFC championship. I've yet to get my hands on a pic of me in my stole, so if you've got one, send it my way.

Here's the prayer.

O Almighty God, who hast promised thy grace and mercy to all those who BELIEVE: Send thy Holy Spirit to enliven the hearts of all thy saints, that they, and we with them, may join in that glorious company of the saints in light and find the fulfillment of all our many hopes in thy kingdom where there is no sighing nor suffering nor sorrow but rejoicing, an NFC title and even a Super Bowl victory to the glory of thy name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment